Job Description: Senior Research Analyst - (Remote)
As a technical expert, uses highest-level technical and/or business expertise to provide advice and assistance in state-of- the-art software/hardware solutions involving hardware of various capacities, multiple operating environments, database management systems specialized software, data communications facilities and protocols including Value Added Networks, fourth generation technologies, and complex software tools or packages. As a business expert, works with senior client officials to identify enterprise improvement goals. Research technical and business solutions, mentors and trains client staff, and oversees implementation. Has a high level of diverse technical and industry experience related to studying and analyzing system’s needs, systems development, and systems process analysis, design and re- engineering. Has skills and experience related to business management, systems engineering, operations research, and management engineering. Typically has specialization in a particular technology or business application. Keeps abreast of technological developments and industry trends. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
• Ability to create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content, to provide client leadership with actionable strategies for technologies.
• Ability to deliver compelling face-to-face or virtual interactions so that actionable results are attained.
• Ability to develop and deliver impactful presentations for client leadership briefings, on technologies or related topics.
• Provide support to delivery teams, to drive engagement with users and client leadership.
• Able to build credibility in order to represent research, methodology and strategy.
• Able to actively seek out innovation, ideation, and research discussions in the research community.
Additional Required Skills/Experience:
• A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in software industry, business area, or related field
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related discipline
• Extremely knowledgeable of the latest technological developments and industry trends
• Experience authoring or contributing to software-related documentation such as white papers, requirements specifications, design documents, technical manuals, and user manuals
• Extensive experience analyzing system needs, systems development and system process analysis, design, and re-engineering.
• Extensive knowledge of advanced technologies and experience with solving complex problems related to state-of-the-art software/hardware solutions, multiple operating environments, DBMS specialized software, data communications facilities/protocols (e.g. Value Added Networks, fourth generation network technologies, and complex software tools/packages)
• Experience with business management, system engineering, operations research and management engineering
• Excellent Written and Oral communication skills.
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel
• Experience identifying enterprise improvement goals, assessing organizational and process effectiveness, and implementing change strategies
• Able to obtain Postal clearance
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card), or hold an H-1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)