NOTE: US citizens, Green card(Permanent residence) are authorized to work in US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
Data Warehousing Programmer - Senior (Remote):
Description - Under general supervision, responsible for product support and maintenance of the data warehouse.
Performs data warehouse design and construction.
Codes and documents scripts and stored procedures.
Designs and implements data strategy methods.
Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation.
Assists with metadata repository management.
Prepares and implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
Creates index and view scripts.
Performs all functional duties independently.
Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Ab Initio ETL Coding in GDE
Ab Initio Metadata Hub Lineage
Ab Initio TRMC
ANSI SQL and Teradata SQL extensions
Teradata SQL Assistant (a.k.a. QueryMan) for EDS Support
Teradata Utilities for EDS Support:
In addition, the following UNIX skills are required:
UNIX commands and concepts in order to navigate source code directories, find error logs, perform impact analysis assessments, edit code, version files
Linux Shell scripting in order to read and create driver scripts
In addition, the following Ab Initio skills are required:
A working knowledge of how Ab Initio conducts data extract, transformations, and loading – especially to and from Teradata
Development of graphs, plans, PSETs and how to develop tests and debug PDL scripting
The following additional skills are desired:
A working knowledge of how MicroStrategy and other OLAP tools interact with Teradata.
A working knowledge of the major competing Data Warehouse modeling techniques (Third-Normal-Form and Dimensional modeling) and how data modeling decisions affect the performance of ETL, structured report queried, and unstructured data analysis.
A working knowledge of Web API development.
A working knowledge of storing, reading and analyzing streaming data – i.e., Kafka, MQSeries, or similar technologies, such as JMS.
A working knowledge of Cloud technology - developing and architecting.
Additional Required Skills/Experience:
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development or related field, with at least 5 years in a data warehouse environment and/or related field ;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive experience with data warehouse design, construction, and/or maintenance, to include design and implementation of data strategy methods, coding and documentation of scripts and stored procedures, and creation of index and view scripts;
• Extensive experience with development of data warehouse program and system documentation;
• Able to assist with metadata repository management;
• Extensive experience preparing and implementing data verification and testing methods for data warehouses;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card) or hold an H-1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.