Job Title: IT - Customer Technical Support Representative 4
Location: Raleigh Nc or Eagan MN On site
NOTE:US citizens and Green card holders are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are seeking an Enterprise Systems Monitoring Tech to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan MN/Raleigh, NC. (Currently allowing hybrid remote 2 days/week)
NOTE: This position requires a work schedule for overnight and weekends. Shift will be 11 pm – 7:730 am CT – Days Off - Tuesday / Wednesday. New Hires will need to work first shift (M-F) - days for at least the first two weeks for training purposes. Exact details will be discussed with candidate during interview.
The ideal candidate will have past incident management / help desk experience and great written and oral communication skills. We are looking for someone who is organized and have the ability to lead incident calls bridges. Confidence with Linux as a user on the command line is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor day to day operation of large-scale computing infrastructure involving 300+ applications.
• Determine cause of alarm and take appropriate actions including logging alert, create service ticket and notify stakeholders.
• Act as service incident lead for issues including maintaining incident tickets, notification of executive leadership and follow up on resolution.
• Assist in triage and incident management with collection and analysis of performance metrics
• Assist development team in deployment activities by executing change requests or tasks maintaining SOX compliance
• Compose and send notifications to management for incidents.
• Monitor and execute incident and change requests.
• Able to type and communicate in an effective manner
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years additional experience OR Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1 year IT experience.
• Past experience with help desk or Incident management.
• Basic understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools.
• Ability to read and follow detailed instructions or procedures.
• Effective communication skills
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
•No remote work from any other location.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline
• Familiarity working with enterprise monitoring products
• Working knowledge of IT Service Desk model.
• Experience working in large-scale IT environment.
• Experience in Critical Incident Management, including communication with various levels of executive management (i.e., VP) via phone or email.