Role/Title: - Enterprise Project Manager (requisition class Project Manager 2)
Hybrid, Atlanta, Georgia
Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Under broad supervision, manages projects through the full life cycle from project definition and approval through implementation and evaluation of all project deliverables. Creates a collaborative partnership with internal and external team members.
Project Manager will be responsible for managing long term projects that predominantly impact the CAPS program but may also have an agency wide impact as well. These projects will have technical, policy, and process requirements that may impact multiple programs, workstreams, and systems. This position creates project plans using appropriate project management methodologies with input from primary stakeholders. This position will use project plans to coordinate resources, assess and communicate progress and quality, and ensure project milestones and timelines are met as established in the plan.
**Work Schedule: Partial remote. Local candidates only as they will be expected to be onsite when requested.
**While the intent may be a long-term tenure, this position is subject to annual budget restrictions. The initial contract is through the end of this fiscal year and is anticipated to be renewed July 1st.
• Leads project planning sessions with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Selects and uses project management methodologies backed by modern software approaches such as SAFe, SCRUM, and Agile.
• Coordinates staff and other resources as needed.
• Manages overall coordination of projects from planning through implementation.
• Sets and manages project scope, priorities, deadlines, and deliverable schedules.
• Facilitates discussion and consensus among various project stakeholders.
• Creates project plans and manages and tracks progress. Reports to leadership project status.
• Uses the best project management methodology for the project.
• Ensures project milestones and deadlines are met.
• Manages and mitigates risks and issues.
• Designs and facilitates contracts and agreements.
• Responsible for contract and vendor management activities.
• Creates reports and presentations for project status; presents to management and leadership.
• Coordinates all data system projects for the CAPS program and identifies and assigns (in coordination with CAPS leadership) other appropriate SMEs as needed. Assembles project teams and provides guidance and
support to peers and subordinate staff.
• Serves as a member of CAPS Program Administration unit and supports the work of other team members as needed.
• Develops change management plans for transition to new or upgraded systems. If significant scope changes happen in-flight of projects, experience with in-flight change requests and management plans are expected as well.
Agency Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Five years of recent relevant project management experience, with a progression in responsibility AND eligibility to sit for Project management Professional (PMP) certification.
Agency Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working with data systems and acting as a liaison between business users and technical staff.
• Experience managing projects automating and documenting business processes.