Location work will be performed: Washington, DC (On site)
Job Description: Telecom Support Specialist II
To perform this function, contract resources are required with appropriate skills and experience to support the technical and workload volume demands resulting from the clients Enterprise Computing Support needs and support requirements.
A telecommunication support specialist is responsible for overseeing the installation of telecommunications equipment, such as found in complex electronic switching systems, and other plain old telephone service facilities, optical fiber cabling, IP networks, and microwave transmission systems.
• Inventories and prioritizes network and equipment repairs.
• Established voice and data networks by programming features, establishing interfaces and integrations, following industry standards, and activating remote access tools.
• Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; and conferring with engineers.
• Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
• Analyzes network performance and prepares and presents reports based on that analysis.
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
• Initiates moves and/or setups as required/requested.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening and answering questions and resolving concerns in a timely manner.
The tasks to be performed under the scope of this statement of work must be completed under the direction, oversight, and prioritization of the Endpoint Technology Support manager and/or designated Client ETS Project Leads. Following are the job categories required to perform these functions:
• Telecom Support II
Areas of support include:
• Telecom and Network Services
• Executive Leadership Support (White Glove service)
Note: Must be available to work onsite at client facility in Washington, DC. No remote work post COVID-19 abatement.
• A minimum of 2 - 5 years experience in system engineering, software development, or related field
• Support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, switches wireless controllers, light weight access points (LWAP).
• Perform remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
• Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
• Support internal run-and-maintain activities, including remote monitoring and management system, respond to alerts, monitor health and seek improvement opportunities.
• Make use of enterprise monitoring tools (Solar Winds and Splunk).
• Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues
• Work on daily service tickets while engaged on moves/set-ups.
• Experience with wireless LAN controller and Lightweight Access Points, preferably Cisco equipment.
• Basic understanding of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, EAP-TLS, 802.1x, AAA) and experience with RADIUS solutions (preferred: NPS and/or ISE).
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred. Otherwise, applicant must have one or more of the following industry certifications - CCENT CWNA, CWSP.
• Motivated self-starter who approaches technical problems with creative solutions. Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good follow- up and judgment. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment backed up by strong communication skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate both business and technical terms and information/requirements/instructions to a wide variety of audiences (face-to-face, teleconference, phone and email)
• Ability to write technical/functionality specification documentation such as Knowledgebase articles and/or Wiki.
• Basic operational experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless access points, and management systems
• Basic experience with enterprise networking, monitoring, troubleshooting, and management tools.
• Experience with incident management tools such as Remedy and/or Service Now
Preference will go to those that have:
• 1+ years in a telecom environment
• 1+ years supporting Cisco and/or Aruba monitoring platforms
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history, and credit checks.
• Please note that any usage and detection of cannabis with or without a prescription will result in a failed US Postal clearance regardless of the legalization under State Laws.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months’ travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)