Job Description: Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Location: Remote- Chantilly, VA
US Citizen and these authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
Performs formal software testing activities for complex software applications. Reviews user requirements documentation; assists in development of test plans; develops test data to be used in performing tests; and transforms test plans into test scripts. Ensures proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in tracking systems. Analyses test results, documents conclusions, and makes recommendations that are fully supported by test results.
Responsibilities will include But Not Limited to the Following:
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions
• Create Manual and Automation Test plans for Application Testing
• Create Manual Test cases for SIT testing, and Automation Test scripts for SIT testing including the identification, collection and/or creation of Test data
• Execute frontend, and backend tests
• Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
• Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
• Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-throughs, and peer reviews
• Lead/participate in the coordination, and execution of release testing
• Mentor other testers on methodology framework testing processes, and application knowledge as appropriate
• Determine and meet time estimates, and schedules for testing efforts
• Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
• Strong understanding of the full lifecycle (SDLC) with Agile/Scrum experience
• A strong understanding of Web-based applications
• Strong understanding of different types of Manual and Automated Testing methodologies (unit, system integration, regression, compatibility & performance etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
• Extensive experience supporting Customer in CAT/UAT
• Proven ability to Plan, Develop, Deploy Automated Test Frameworks and Scriptsbased upon BDD (Cucumber) / ATDD approach
• Experience using Java/Ruby Automation Frameworks, including framework development
• Experience with Build Processes using Jenkins or Cloud Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
• 5+ years’ experience working with Java development/principles
• 5+ years’ experience working with defect tracking tools such as ALM/JIRA/Bugzilla
• Experience working with XML
• Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to identify, define, and document business requirements (functional and system)
• Proven ability to participate in requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
• Proven ability to track, and fully document changes to business requirements (both functional and system)
• Proven ability to clearly communicate requirements to other development team members
• Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle
• Experience with JAVA OOP for Automation Frameworks
• Strong DevOps skills (not mandatory)
• Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Ability to solve problems to complex business processes
• Proven ability to develop, and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Pass a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
All candidates must be a US Citizen.
Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.) • All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.