The Logical Solutions
Job Title: Developer, Software Engineer Test (Java)
Duration: long term contract
Note: *U.S. Citizens, green cards are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
The client seeks a senior-level Software Developer Test Engineer with strong business acumen for our client located in Washington DC.
Work will be done out of Chantilly, VA; remote workers will be considered.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain software to test the product/application
• Define automation strategy, automation cases as well as Design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner
• Participate in design and code inspections
• Propose improvements to our existing processes, Automation setup and build automated tools, libraries, and utilities in order to improve the teams speed, quality and efficiency
• Work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services
• Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to implement them
• Integration of both the tests and infrastructure automation into the CI/CD pipeline is also a key responsibility in this position
• 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with expertise in test automation of applications from UI and API layer.
• Experience in OOPs languages like Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, Bash etc.
• Experience with API and Microservices testing and automation
• Experience in several load testing methodologies using tools such as JMeter, UFT, LoadRunner etc.
• Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with a testing framework like Cucumber or other equivalent frameworks.
• Prior experience with one or more querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.).
• Experience in automating backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools such as Postman, REST Assured etc.
• Hands on experience of building test automation framework from the ground up using modular framework and design pattern like Page Object Model design pattern (POM) etc.
• Experience working in distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM, SAFE, XP etc.
• Able to independently create and maintain automation test jobs with tools such as Jenkins.
• Experience working with source code management tools such as GitHub, Subversion etc. and a strong ability to create test reports from automation test run using Cucumber report, TestNG reports etc.
• Work with QA automation engineers, QA analysts to guide the team on test automation strategies and test automation tools.
• Work with Development team and Configuration management team to configure DevOps pipeline.
• Ability to connect with peers, business analysts, and domain experts and the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
• Proactive in nature with a customer-centric focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Prior experience with automation framework is a plus.
• Experience of working with GCP cloud environment.
• Experience virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
• Experience with test management and agile management tools such as VersionOne, ALM etc.
• Experience of non-functional testing such as performance, load, stress, security, accessibility and usability testing
• Experience with Eclipse IDE.
• Experience with Maven, Sonar Lint and Sonar Qube.
• Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Able to adhere to client development standards
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent