The Logical Solutions
Job Title:Telecom Support Specialist II
Location: Washington, DC - Onsite
Notes: *U.S. Citizens, Green card are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
To perform this function, contract resources are required with appropriate skills and experience to support the technical and workload volume demands resulting from the clients Enterprise Computing Support needs and support requirements.
A telecommunication support specialist is responsible for overseeing the installation of telecommunications equipment, such as found in complex electronic switching systems, and other plain old telephone service facilities, optical fiber cabling, IP networks, and microwave transmission systems.
• LAN infrastructure, switchgear, UPS, WIFI, VCS, IPT Phone device management (setup/moves)
• Inventories and prioritizes network and equipment repairs.
• Established voice and data networks by programming features, establishing interfaces and integrations, following industry standards, and activating remote access tools.
• Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; and conferring with engineers.
• Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
• Analyzes network performance and prepares and presents reports based on that analysis.
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
• Initiates moves and/or setups as required/requested.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening and answering questions and resolving concerns in a timely manner.
Areas of support include:
• Telecom and Network Services
• Executive Leadership Support (White Glove service)
• A minimum of 2 - 5 years' experience in system engineering, software development, or related field
• Support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, switches wireless controllers, light weight access points (LWAP).
• Perform remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
• Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
• Support internal run-and-maintain activities, including remote monitoring and management system, respond to alerts, monitor health and seek improvement opportunities.
• Make use of enterprise monitoring tools (Solar Winds and Splunk).
• Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues
• Work on daily service tickets while engaged on moves/set-ups.
• Experience with wireless LAN controller and Lightweight Access Points, preferably Cisco equipment.
• Basic understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards.
• Basic understanding of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, EAP-TLS, 802.1x, AAA) and experience with RADIUS solutions (preferred: NPS and/or ISE).
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred. Otherwise, applicant must have one or more of the following industry certifications - CCENT CWNA, CWSP.
• Motivated self-starter who approaches technical problems with creative solutions. Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good follow-up and judgment. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment backed up by strong communication skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate both business and technical terms and information/requirements/instructions to a wide variety of audiences (face-to-face, teleconference, phone and email)
• Ability to write technical/functionality specification documentation such as Knowledge base articles and/or Wiki.
• Basic operational experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless access points, and management systems
• Basic experience with enterprise networking, monitoring, troubleshooting, and management tools.
• Experience with incident management tools such as Remedy and/or Service Now
Preference will go to those that have:
• 1+ years in a telecom environment
• 1+ years supporting Cisco and/or Aruba monitoring platforms
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years.
• This position allows only USC, Permanent residents to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor any work visas currently.
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
Thanks & Regards,
Lucid Technologies Inc.
P: 214-385-4144 Ext: 207