The Logical Solutions
Mainframe resource who designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.
Works on complex assignments. Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
Assists users in the operation of the application. Provides guidance to less experienced programmer/analysts.
Performs all functional duties independently.
Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Must have skills:
• Mainframe Developer
• Developer of COBOL, VSAM, JCL, TSO/ISPF, XPEDITER, FileAid, Changeman.
• Work with end-users and assist/mentor developers with report development.
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes and management tools such as VersionOne.
• Knowledge of and experience in an IT Service management System (preferably ServiceNow) and ITIL processe
Desirables: Knowledge of:
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training, mentoring, and providing technical direction to less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows);
• Extensive experience with designing, coding, testing, degugging and implementing system software solutions;
• Extensive experience installing and maintaining Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and vendor software on multiple operating systems;
• Extensive experience monitoring installed software packages, troubleshooting software problems, documenting them, and working with applicable vendors to resolve them;
• Extensive experience authoring or contributing to both program-level and user-level software-related documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, technical manuals, and user manuals;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
• All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.