Location: Client Facility (Raleigh, NC or Eagan, MN or San Mateo, CA), 3 Telework days weekly permitted
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at client facility in Raleigh, NC; Eagan, MN or San Mateo, CA.
Note: US citizens and Green card holders are encouraged to apply, as we are unable to sponsor at this time.
Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer/Administrator to augment the current team and work with application owners to administer and troubleshoot DNS technologies such as BlueCat IPAM, DHCP, DNS, Edge, Gateway on various projects.
Highly specialized in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, or network engineering. Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical assistance and advice on complex activities. Formulates / defines specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems. Applies analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve the problems. Develops complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs. Analyzes methods of approach. Reviews task proposal requirements, gathers information, analyzes data, prepares project synopses, compares alternatives, prepares specifications, resolves processing problems, coordinates work with programmers and engineers, and orients users to new systems. Works with considerable freedom to make decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used. Prepares recommendations for system improvement for management and user consideration.
This individual will be responsible for performing the following activities:
• Linux administration to include scripting and file system management.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• IPAM, DNS, DHCP configuration, scripting of API calls. Preferred BlueCat Networks
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Knowledge of TCP, understanding network, protocol, and application traffic flows
• Ability to troubleshoot basic network issues including IPv6.
• Proven ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Manages time effectively.
• Creative thinking skills
• Detail-oriented personality
• Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with co-workers.
• Strong understanding of DNS and DHCP
• Proficient with application layer protocols – HTTP, SSH, SSL, etc.
· Configure, administer, document HTTP proxy configurations and PAC file editing and deployment
. Configure, administer, document DNS multi-view configuration
· High level troubleshooting of network, protocols, and application issues
· DNS and HTTP proxy administration
. Bluecat API scripting in python.
· Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
• 10+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas.
• Technical expertise is sought after and provided to several projects/accounts.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of assigned technology and discipline area.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies.
• Advanced level business, technical, or functional knowledge.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)