NOTE: US citizens and Green card holders are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
Under general direction, develops Web based applications, including online customer service, to enable agency components to deliver their services online. Develops the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web-site. Provides support for the implementation of interfaces to Web-based applications. Typically performs all functional duties independently.
Mid-level JAVA Developers
Strong knowledge of the following skillsets:
- Basic LINUX usage (navigating, reading files, sudo commands)
- Rational Application Developer
- SQL Developer / SQL Plus
- PuTTY / WinSCP
- Developer should be familiar with control-M jobs / POB system, as well as the basics of how the AFT system works. We use AFT to package and export data downstream to MIRS and CDAS.
- Microservices design
- GCP or AWS Cloud Development
Skills in: DevSecOps, Secure Coding practices, and the Solutions Development Framework (Docker, Jenkins, GitLab)
Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
- Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Performance tuning
Additional Required Skills/Experience:
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in software development, with at least 4 years’ experience in Web-based design/development;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Moderate knowledge of and experience with designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining complex Web-based software systems;
• Moderate experience collaborating with end users to define new Web-based software system requirements;
• Experience authoring or contributing to software-related documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, technical manuals, and user manuals;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)