Job Description: Senior Tester (Location is Remote):
Performs formal software testing activities for complex software applications. Reviews user requirements documentation; assists in development of test plans; develops test data to be used in performing tests; and transforms test plans into test scripts. Ensures proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in tracking systems. Analyses test results, documents conclusions, and makes recommendations that are fully supported by test results. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting
Analyzes user/business software system requirements and write appropriate test cases to validate that all business rules are being followed.
Proficient in the following qualifications:
10+ years of experience with writing and executing test scripts
Knowledge/experience with ALM.
Knowledge/experience of Manual and automated test script writing and executing Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc.) Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
Additional Required Skills/Experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development, software quality assurance/control, and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with formal software testing for complex software applications;
• Extensive experience testing software applications, identifying/documenting defects, and working with developers and end users to resolve defects;
• Extensive experience authoring software-quality-related documentation such as requirements specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports;
• Able to obtain clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card), or hold an H-1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)