Visa: *U.S. Citizens, Green card are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
Job Title: Analyst, Business (Technical). Our client is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to support their business ongoing business needs.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at our client facility located in Eagan, MN or Raleigh, NC. Schedule requires 2 days in the office and permits 3 days remote
• Provides program guidance and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements. Coordinates and provides directions on a project basis.
• Oversees business process initiatives with stakeholders by capturing and defining system requirements utilizing business goals. Develops process flow diagrams, flowcharts, requirements traceability matrices and other appropriate diagrams.
• Supports planning, development and execution of business requirements and solutions. Creates business requirements and provides preliminary scope documents to provide estimates.
• Helps develop system specifications that translate business requirements into functions and or features.
• Assists in developing and executing system test plans to ensure the application meets stakeholder requirements.
• Plans and performs sprint demonstrations and walk-through orientation sessions with clients.
• Determines project impacts and timelines.
• Develops effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure optimum cooperation and coordination, and maximize the quality of products, services, and policies.
• Provides program guidance, direction or advice to employees within or outside the organizational unit.
• Gathers, analyzes and understands system/application requirements. Reviews design documents and ensures technical specifications and designs are correct. Ensures requirements are accurately and fully defined, and any interdependencies are considered.
• Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
• Works directly with the customer and able to communicate effectively to support daily customer needs. Must be pro-active and team oriented. Must be able to work efficiently with minimal support and directions.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong Project management skill to facilitate meetings, take meeting notes, and follow up on action items
• Strong writing skill to create business cases, standard operating procedures, process flows, training documents and presentations, etc.
• Knowledge of business information systems/applications, development methods, procedures, standards, and techniques.
• Ability to perform research, analysis, design, drawings, documentation, process flows, audits, and assist in implementation of proposed applications and technology solutions.
• Ability to provide business knowledge and technical expertise to management to facilitate planning and implementation of application needs and requirements.
• Ability to assist others engaged in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation activities
• Ability to develop and document requirements specifications that identify solutions that achieve optimum performance, cost effectiveness, and comply with policies and procedures
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing, and liaison between business and technical teams effectively
• Ability to facilitate presentations, group meetings, and walk-through sessions with stakeholders and IT professionals. Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups.
• Working knowledge and experience with the following methodologies, processes and tools:
• Agile Methodologies
• SDLC practices
• Knowledge/experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Agile Level of Effort and Estimation for Release Planning
• Project Management / Project Planning
• Strong knowledge of several of the following tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Manual and Automated Testing Tools, VersionOne or Jira, and ServiceNow, eBuys, Telecom Expense Management (TEM) system
• Strong familiarity/knowledge of basic Business Accounting / Financials fundamentals related to invoicing, quarterly reporting, Fiscal Year End reporting
• A minimum of 5years’ experience in business analysis, project management, data analysis and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business, IT or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Knowledge of and experience in database
• General familiarity and experience with project management methodologies/disciplines, especially in the areas of scope, cost and schedule management;
• Extensive experience writing and reviewing a broad range of technical documentation, especially technical requirements, specifications and design documents;
• Able to communicate clearly with client and team members in timely manner
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) preferred
• Advanced knowledge in Excel
• Knowledge of data analytical tool such as; Splunk, Python, PowerBI, etc,
• Knowledge in querying databases, common programming languages (Python, C++, etc.), and statistical and data mining techniques
• Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Ability to employ critical thinking skills to solve complex business problems or develop functional processes
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to adopt to new processes and adhere to established policies
• Ability to drive a high degree of client satisfaction
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years.
• This position allows only USC, Permanent residents to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor any work visas currently.
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.