Location: Eagan, MN 55121-9300 OR Raleigh, NC 27609
NOTE: This position is eligible for full time telecommute, but it is recommended that the candidate live within a reasonable distance from Eagan, MN or Raleigh, NC as there might be a requirement to come into the office on occasion as directed by the customer. Travel will not be reimbursed for commute.
NOTE: US citizens, Green card, authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are seeking a Subject Matter Expert - Automation Engineer
This position will support the team and provide automation development support in the form of developing automation capabilities in order to ensure functionality and usability is aligned with the organization’s priorities, enabling delivery teams to do their work effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide SME level infrastructure and network management and automation support.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop, document, and automate technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 6 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with automation and scripting tools
• Minimum of 1 year experience with Ansible
• Strong Experience of automation/orchestration using the following tools: Chef, Ansible, Ansible Tower, YAML, Jenkins, Puppet or equivalent.
• Experience with different languages to include Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell or equivalent
• Solid Understanding of modern operating systems and network technologies sufficient to automate associated processes – Windows / SLES / RHEL
• Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
• Strong background in shell scripting
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• Integration of Git, in continuous deployment
• Strong experience with DevOps automation tools like Docker, Ansible.
• Experience with DevOps monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Creative thinking skills
• Detail-oriented personality
• Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Significant experience with networking equipment and the APIs they offer
• Strong understanding of cloud networking at scale
• Ability to break down complex networking concepts and present them in a concise way