Location work will be performed: NC- Raleigh - NC Duration: long term
Must be available to travel 40%
Place and Period of Performance · Hours of support:
•The standard workweek for staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day on a 7x24x365 operation, which has three shifts.
•Work week is Sun – Thurs or Tues – Saturday
•Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Description: Job Title: Engineer, Network (Wireless) Senior We are seeking a Sr Network Wireless Engineer who is adept with wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and WAP to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals
Note: Must be available to work onsite at client facility in Raleigh, NC. No remote work.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, firewalls, security, WLAN.
• Conducting wireless site surveys and wireless assessments
• Conduct predictive wireless assessments and deployments
• Perform installation, maintenance and upgrade of wireless controllers and access points.
• Implement and support a secure wireless network for an enterprise-wide wired and wireless infrastructure.
• Central focus is in supporting the wireless infrastructure and associated wireless technology projects.
• Paired with another junior engineer, manage 3-4 large simultaneous wireless refresh projects per quarter to completion
• Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
• Performing site installs, maintenance, upgrades or software enhancements to support the network infrastructure needs.
• Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues.
• Work on daily service tickets while engaged on enterprise wireless deployments.
• Own and fulfill small to large strategic or tactical wireless projects.
• Engage with manufacturer technical support centers to quickly resolve issues as they arise as necessary.
• Design, test and implement new Wi-Fi deployments and upgrades to existing infrastructure
• Willing to travel up to 25% for occasional short term assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an associated discipline and a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
• Minimum 7 years of applicable networking experience.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of 802.11n and 802.11a
• Strong experience with both centralized and local Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
• Strong experience with Cisco Lightweight Access Points.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with analysis tools such as Ekahau, Air Magnet, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience or understanding of scripting languages, such as Bash, Perl or Python
• Experience working with customers remotely and over the phone to assist with network troubleshooting and ability to escalate issues as needed.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Ability to change physical locations based upon need (walking in and between buildings outside)
• Willing to work occasional on-call and after-hours support rotation
• Willing to travel up to 25% for occasional short-term assignments.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years Preferred Qualifications:
• Cisco CCNA and CCIE certification
• 7+ years of Enterprises WAN/LAN/WLAN experience and high-density deployments.
• 5+ years of Cisco devices configuration experience.
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area
•Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
•If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
•All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
•Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
•Cannot have more than 6 months’ travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
Thanks & Regards,
Vamshi Krishna Billa
Sr IT Recruiter
Lucid Technologies Inc
O: 214-385-4144 Ext: 206 (Pick me up i make you money)