Job Title: Professional - Business Operations Analyst III
Location is remote
Business Analyst, Technical - Senior
Under direct supervision, has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical staff. Reviews design documents and ensure technical specifications and designs are correct. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Leads technical staff assigned for the duration of a project or may function as ongoing lead for technical staff associated with one or more technical areas. Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although may provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
•Analyzes user/business software system requirements and determines needs
•Determine the functionality of an application and performs upgrades over time
•Maintains documentation to support software development policies, standards, and procedures
•Assist team with preparation of cost estimates
Proficient in the following qualifications:
•10+ years of experience with analyzing business requirements and developing business requirements.
•Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
•Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
•Change Management and Configuration Management (ServiceNow, etc.)
•Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
•Experience using VersionOne is highly desired
Additional Required Skills/Experience
•A minimum of ten (10) years experience in business analysis, software development and/or related field;
•A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related discipline is preferred;
•Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
•Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
•Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
•Extensive knowledge of and experience in software development and testing, preferably using different methodologies and lifecycles (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc);
•Extensive experience evaluating software designs against business and technical requirements to ensure correctness;
•General familiarity and experience with project management methodologies/disciplines, especially in the areas of scope, cost and schedule management;
•Extensive experience leading small teams and/or technical projects in the successful completion of assigned goals/objectives;
•Extensive experience writing and reviewing a broad range of technical documentation, especially technical specifications and design documents;
•Able to obtain Postal clearance;
•Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance • Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card) or H1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)