The Logical Solutions
Job Title: IT - Database Administrator II - DB2 Database Administrator
Location: Raleigh - NC
"Note: U.S. Citizens, Green card are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
We are seeking a DB2 DBA to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
We are looking for the ideal candidate to assist in the support and administration of enterprise level DB2 Databases. Candidate must have experience managing 24x7 multiple, large databases and have senior level experience with troubleshooting, performance tuning, and backup/restoration. Candidate should be experienced at developing scripts, data model, table, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, constraints, and backup and recovery as well as maintenance and development.
In addition to DB2 administration the ideal candidate will have experience with SQL databases as this position will support both platforms.
Candidates must be willing to support both platforms and come up to speed on SQL if needed.
NOTE: This position is for 2nd Shift Mon-Friday (3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. EST)
NOTE: This position does allow for flexible remote work, but candidates MUST be willing to report in person to Raleigh, NC for the first 2-3 (estimated) days to pick up equipment and ensure that all access is available. No expenses will be paid. After these initial days they would be able to work remote.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Coordinates and participates in activities associated with production DB2 Servers
• Provides assistance in resolving problems with production DB2 databases
• Create, maintain, backup/restore, tune databases for development, test, and production.
• Position WILL require on call / after hour and weekend shift work.
• Install, configure, cluster and build DB2 databases
• Design and implement databases
• Monitor DB performance, server health and implement changes and patches as needed
•Bachelor’s degree and minimum 6 years relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
• Minimum 4 years supporting DB2 Server Production databases in an enterprise environment.
• Experience working in Linux / UNIX environments
•Experience working with Mainframe environments, including BMC Tools
• MUST be willing to work on call / after hour and weekend shift work.
• Proven background and strong experience of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• Previous exposure to MS SQL databases or willingness to learn new technologies.
• Experience with Database Administration for DB2
• Ability to communicate implementation limitations and data driven solutions with all levels of the project team and management
• Must be familiar with backup/recovery strategies, distributed databases, data migration, security and error handling
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for DB2, MSSQL Server and Oracle
• Knowledge of indexes management, statistics, reporting, query tools, and practices
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Application and Database Development
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area.
Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Thanks & Regards,
Lucid Technologies Inc.
P: 214-385-4144 Ext: 207