Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Onsite Required: Due to the essential nature of the work to be performed, this position REQUIRES the selected candidate to work ONSITE for the duration of the assignment. Candidates will not be permitted to work remotely. Do you accept this requirement?
Under broad supervision as a DB2 LUW DBA DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, designs and secures computer databases to store, track, and maintain a large volume of critical business information. Develops database models and coordinates projects.
In this role as a DB2 LUW DBA DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, you’ll be responsible for working with the Application Development team to design, create and update DB2 LUW database objects and be a member of the Database Administration staff. The applications are primarily Java and some COBOL running on Red Hat’s Enterprise Linux. You’ll assist the Application Development team code efficient SQL statements, review the SQL statements for performance and make recommendations for indexes. You’ll document entity types and the relationships between entities with an Entity Relationship Diagram using Erwin. You’ll also support the Quality Assurance team with testing applications.
• Experience with planning, documenting and performing upgrades and migration, setting up new database environments..
• Design and plan upgrade strategies including coordination with system administrators and developer. Upgrade plans must include checklist, milestones, complete checkout, and exercised fallback procedures
• Support Application Developers in designing, implementing and testing database changes to support business applications.
• Assist Application Developers code efficient SQL statements, review the SQL statements for performance and make recommendations for indexes.
• Support the Quality Assurance team test applications.
• Assist other Database Administrators maintain multiple DB2 LUW environments, such as Development, QA, Training and Production.
• Support Database Administrators and Systems Administrators during patching of operating systems and database systems.
• Document entity types and the relationships between entities with an Entity Relationship Diagram using Erwin.
• Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Five years’ experience as a Database Administrator.
• Five years’ experience with Structure Query Language (SQL).
• Three years’ experience as a Database Administrator on DB2 LUW.
• Three years’ experience with Red Hat’s Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
• Three years’ experience with Relational Data Modeling.
• Three years’ experience with Microsoft’s Outlook, EXCEL and WORD.
• One year experience with Erwin.
• One year experience with Java programming language.
• Experience with IBM’s WebSphere.
• Experience with COBOL.
• Experience with Hibernate.
• Experience with IBM’s DataQuant or QMF.
• Experience with Quest’s Toad for DB2 LUW.
• Experience with DBI Software’s Performance Suite for DB2 LUW.
• Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl or Python.
• Experience with Unix shell scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh.
• Experience with Sql Server, MySQL or Teradata
• Experience with Local, State or Federal government.
Be innovative, energetic, energizing, flexible and eager to learn. Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and meet requested deadlines promptly.
Experience as a Database Administrator for DB2 LUW Required 3 Years
Experience with Structure Query Language (SQL) Required 5 Years
Monitor production databases and dbm settings, adjusting for optimal performance and throughput. Required 3 Years
Extensive experience with planning, documenting and performing upgrades and migration, setting up new database environments. Required 3 Years
Experience with IBM's DataQuant or QMF or Quest's Toad for DB2 LUW Required 1 Years
Experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux Required 3 Years
Experience with Unix shell scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh Required 1 Years
Experience with Relational Data Modeling Desired 2 Years
Experience with Microsoft's Outlook, EXCEL and Word Required 2 Years
Experience with Java or COBOL programming language Desired 1 Years
Experience with DBI Software's Performance Suite for DB2 LUW Desired 1 Years
Experience with Sql Server / MySQL / Teradata Desired 1 Years
Experience with Local, State or Federal government Desired