The OCIO Content Architect is responsible for creating and publishing content on a variety of state agency websites in support of the enterprise initiative to implement a consistent brand and improve the constituent experience.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) digital service team is looking for a Web Content Architect to assist with a website redevelopment project which includes an artificial intelligence based chatbot.
OCIO and the Department of Management are seeking a Web Content Architect to support approximately 80 Drupal websites migrating to a new code base and design. The Content Architect will be expected to work with agency content managers with Google Analytics data and data from other SEO tools to make
recommendations about retiring content, content design, and navigation. The Content Architect will handle requests from across the enterprise to publish new and updated website content and verify, maintain, and update as necessary website calendar entries and notifications.
The goals for the digital services team are to reduce content by at least 30%, improve readability of the most popular content (target 8th grade reading level), improve the accessibility rating for content based on third party tool WCAG scans, and improve content quality. Web pages on state websites must be accurate, files contain complete and accurate metadata information, and broken links are addressed quickly and accurately.
The Content Architect will also be involved in training agency content managers on the use of the new web design system and helping agencies manually migrate content.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to create and publish website content using common Content Management Systems.
• identify keywords and implement keyword placement and SEO best practices.
• Ability to use SEO tools to identify content to be improved.
• Ability to capture and convey the interrelationship of program information (and large concepts in general).
• Ability to edit content to plain language, an 8th grade reading level, and for use in a chatbot.
• Ability to write content for chat
• Ability to produce Google Analytics Reports
• Ability to setup Google Tag Manager
• Ability to work in Google Search Console to submit sitemaps and remove pages from indexing where 404 errors occur.
• Ability to document content design requirements including placing Tableau and/or Arc GIS map embeds
• Ability to train agency content editors in the use of the State content management system.
• Ability to remediate web content based on accessibility best practices.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
• Experience with Google Search Console (Required) 3 years
• Experience with Google Analytics (Required) 3 years
• Experience with Google Tag Manager (Required) 3 years
• Experience with web Content Management Systems (CMS) (Required) 3 years
• Experience with Google Programmable Search (Desired) 3 Years
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations (Desired) 3 years
• Experience with Drupal (Desired) 2 years
• Experience with SEO Tools (i.e. SiteImprove, heat maps, Crazy Egg) (Desired) 2 years
Experience with Google Search Console Required3Years
Experience with Google Analytics Required3Years
Experience with Google Tag Manager Required3Years
Experience with web Content Management Systems (CMS) Required3Years
Experience with Google Programmable Search Desired3Years
Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations Desired3Years
Experience with Drupal Desired3Years
Experience with SEO Tools (i.e. SiteImprove, heat maps, Crazy Egg) Desired3Years