• Manager will perform in person interviews for this position. Please confirm the resource understands this requirement.
• This position requires the selected resource to work onsite 3 days per week and 2 days remote. The resource must work onsite every Tuesday. Please confirm the resource understands this requirement.
Converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
The Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer - Senior works in an agency information technology division under general direction performing application systems analysis and programming duties.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Confer with department management to assist in planning, organizing, and controlling activities of assigned areas;
- Confer with the user community to conduct, through research, fact-finding, and analysis to formulate and define system requirements, scope, and objectives, establish priorities, and monitor the progress of complex information systems;
- Devise or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results to obtain maximum computer utilization;
- Prepare detailed project feasibility studies, formulates complete system scope, project cost, time estimates, and human resource and IT infrastructure requirements for new and existing application software systems;
- Assist, direct, train, and coordinates the work of less experienced application software developers and/or application systems analyst staff and assist with the development of difficult and complex programs;
- May function as Team and/or Project lead responsible for completion of project phase;
- Provide complete documentation for new or modified information systems and/or application software programs including operational procedures and manuals;
- Prepare detailed specifications from which application software will be written;
- Prepare and conduct system test planning;
- Design, code, and debug new application software programs and/or make enhancements to existing application software programs of all levels;
- Test and debug new and existing application software;
- Execute tasks conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies, and procedures;
- May use case tools and/or application development software tools;
- Monitor application software systems to ensure proper execution and performance;
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You'll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirement to be considered for employment:
-Extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques;
-Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
-Extensive knowledge of application development software tools and application development software languages;
-Extensive knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
-Extensive knowledge of the most recent advancement of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
-Extensive knowledge of both system and business applications and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities;
-Ability to perform problem-solving and analytical analysis;
-Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals;
-Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities;
-Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.