Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Onsite Required: Due to the essential nature of the work to be performed, this position REQUIRES the selected candidate to work ONSITE for the duration of the assignment. Candidates will not be permitted to work remotely. Do you accept this requirement?
Under broad supervision, works and communicates with the general public, internal and/or external customers related to the ongoing aspects of the DeKalb County Board of Health telemedicine program in compliance with the GA Dept of Public Health
May conduct research and create/develop products such as needs assessments, protocols, workflows, standard operating procedures, etc. May create and execute project work plans, revising as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements of the DCBOH telemedicine program, identify necessary resources and assign individual responsibilities related to implementation of telemedicine. The telemedicine project design, implementation and evaluation will be completed by no later than June 30, 2024. The position ends as of June 30, 2024.
GENERAL POSITON DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, responsible for all aspects of various projects of a moderately complex nature. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Communicates with Program Managers and other managerial staff as needed. Assign work of subordinate staff. Will manage large numbers of agency staff or have large scope of responsibility within agency.
• Utilizes high-level clinical knowledge and skills to guide and instruct work assignments for staff at all levels using the electronic health records (EHR)/patient care management system (PCMS).
• Directs and manages the technical development of appropriate clinical business practices, utilizes process mapping techniques, and integrates new and existing technology with clinical and programmatic business practices.
• Serves as a clinical and program subject matter expert to support a broad set of data applications.
• Provides frequent EHR training and technical support to clinical staff on effective Clinical Services Division clinical, billing, and customer service practices.
• Uses knowledge of medical and billing practices to ensures accurate maintenance of clinical information in the EHR/PCMS.
• Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical and operational processes.
• Coordinates PCMS reporting requests, assists with defining report requirements, and validates reporting results.
• Establishes clinical standards and procedures to be used in the development of PCMS.
• Develops and manages the overall PCMS implementation plan while providing guidance on best practices to providers and other clinical staff throughout the implementation process.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of accreditation guidelines, including HIPAA.
• Utilizes knowledge of clinical operations and processes to improve overall quality and integrity of EHR/PCMS and other data management practices.
• Provides input to customize division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within clinical and programmatic settings.
• Develops training materials and delivers on-site training as needed.
• Communicates effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing.
• Works closely with information technology department to ensure the software functions efficiently and safely on a daily basis.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
• Applies effective problem-solving techniques to obtain desired resolution regarding benefit related issues.
• Communicates with customers and obtains relevant information; ensures response within designated time frame (no more than 24 hours).
• Thorough knowledge of project management
• Ability to explain the electronic health record management system to Clinical Services Division employees at any level
• Ability to use office software i.e. Microsoft Office; People Soft, Munis, etc.
• Ability to serve as key onsite clinical and program resource for operation and support of a broad set of clinical applications.
• Ability to collaborate with division subject matter experts and other key stakeholders to create, execute, and support standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization plans for clinical and program applications.
• Ability to maintain knowledge of current and emerging product features and trends and serve as project leader for implementation of clinical applications software releases and new products.
• Ability to analyze utilization of applications and workflows to maximize efficiency and to develop and implement training for all users including, but not limited to, processes, orientation material, schedules, protocols, manuals, handouts, presentations, training documents providing the end-user training for both on-boarding and on-going needs.
Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university OR Two years of related experience.
Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university Required
Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience Required 2 Years
Project Management Required 2 Years
Microsoft Office, People Soft, & Munis experience Required 2 Years
Patient Care Management System (PCMS) experience Required 2 Years