Role/Title: - Network Engineer 4
Onsite, Staunton , Virginia
Agency Interview Type: In Person Only
*Local Staunton, VA candidates required
*ALL interviews conducted ONSITE
*100% ONSITE work, working with end users within the assigned district rotating on-call schedule
*Is this candidate willing to provide On Call Support 24/7/365 on a rotating basis? This is REQUIRED.
*Does your candidate agree to interview onsite? This is REQUIRED
* Does your candidate agree to work onsite every day? This is REQUIRED
*How soon after an offer can your candidate start?
Requires an experience, creativity and multi-tasking Network Engineer, to independently and collaboratively achieve department service and support objectives for the Transportation Operations Center.
8-10 years of experience in the field of the subject matter area.
- Responds to Tier 1 network support requests.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with network resources.
- Designs extensions of and connections to the campus network.
- Configures and deploys new/replacement network hardware and communications infrastructure.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors network resources for faults and traffic anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of network changes.
- Supports ITS Field Maintenance with communications' implementation and troubleshooting.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
*****Hands-On Experience with Cisco Tools/Protocols*****
Firepower Threat Defense
Firepower Management Console
Cisco Routers & Switches
Secure Endpoint (formerly AMP)
HSRP & VRRP
Network Engineering/Design (Experience with Cisco Products - CCNP or equivalent preferred) Required 10 Years
Experience working with network monitoring applications. (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.) Required 8 Years
Experience performing network data capture and analysis with tools such as Wireshark, etc. Required 10 Years
Experience with IPSec implementation and troubleshooting - Required 7 Years
Experience with Active Directory Administration Desired 5 Years
Ability to produce accurate technical documentation to include network topology maps, implementation plans, migration plans, etc Required 10 Years
Experience with Video Management Systems Desired 3 Years
Cisco Routing and Switching Required 10 Years
VLAN Managemment Required 5 Years
Access Control Lists Required 8 Years
Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF,Eigrp etc) Required 8 Years
Authentication (Cisco ISE,Radius, TACACS, etc) Required 5 Years
FMC/Firepower Nice to have 5 Years
Network Security - Highly desired - 8 Years
VPN/Remote Access Technologies Required 5 Years