Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Candidates must be located in and work in GA to start this position if offered. Do you and your candidate accept this requirement?
The Senior Technical Architect is responsible for participating in the working with GTA to design, develop and implement IT architecture to meet application Migrations and AWS cloud implementations across State Agencies.
• Develop and Implement cloud migration, modernization, and multi-cloud acumen to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that solve customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
• Serve as a technical expert in AWS, supporting customers with complex commercial and technical challenges
• Lead cross-functional, cross-organization initiatives that drive thought leadership on multi-cloud and AWS migration scenarios.
• Broad technology experience across AWS cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, cloud migrations, or IT transformations.
• Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, develop actionable tactical plans quickly, up-level the insights to strategy.
• Demonstrated ability as a "trusted advisor" to customers. Able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
• Assists GTA and State agencies with architectural decisions and design to optimize applications for cost and performance
• Review and evaluate existing systems architectures and software products to identify cloud platforming and refactoring opportunities
• Reviews and provides input to the development of standards.
• 10+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry
• 5-8 years of hands-on technical application architecture experience and Application build/ modernization experience
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
• Extensive experience architecting, designing, and programming applications to operate in Cloud environment.
• Broad knowledge of various IT domains, including applications, data, infrastructure, and security
• Strong understanding of enterprise architecture principles and best practices.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance standards .
• Proficiency in infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
• Knowledge to identify the best cloud architecture options to help the organization reach its GTA strategic goals.
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and trends such as cloud computing, microservices architecture, and DevOps
• Strong attention to detail, problem investigation and diagnostic skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
• Good organizational skills and forward planning ability
• Self-Motivated and team player
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent work Experience
• At least 5 years of progressive experience with the concepts, philosophies, and tools behind the design of applications, solution architecture, and underlying information technologies on AWS/Public Cloud
(Preference will be given to candidates who, demonstrate some or all the following skills/experience):
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Experience with GCP & OCI is a Plus
• Experience with state and local Government is a plus.
• Enterprise-wide integration experience
• One or more of the following RDBMS technologies: Oracle, MS SQL Serve, Postgress.
• Experience with Java, Python, HTTP/S, FTP, Publish/subscribe mechanism, SOAP messaging, and REST Services
• Having experience with cutting-edge AI technologies in developing chatbots is a plus.
• Knowledge of integration standards and best practices
IT Architecture Required 5 Years
Design, development, and deployment of application software at scale Required 7 Years
AWS Cloud Architecture Required 5 Years
AWS Cloud Implementation Required 4 Years
Cloud Migrations Experience Required 3 Years
Private, public and hybrid cloud models (including IaaS, PaaS) Required 5 Years
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Highly desired
Azure Experience Highly desired
State & Local Government Experience Highly desired
Enterprise architecture principles and best practices Highly desired