This is an onsite position, and the client has requested that applicants be local to the state of Iowa and no farther than neighboring states. Please do not submit candidates from coastal states to this position. Excellent communication skills are of the utmost importance for this position. There will be two rounds of interviews with the client. The first round interview will be a web meeting via Microsoft Teams. The final interview will be conducted onsite at the school in Independence, Iowa.
INTERVIEWS will be conducted on October 30, 31, and Nov 1
Seeking a Desktop Support/ Network Technician at the Independence Mental Health Institute (IMHI) in Independence, Iowa to provide support and to complete projects within the on-site K-12 school.
Seeking a Desktop Support/ Network Technician at the Independence Mental Health Institute (IMHI) in Independence, Iowa to provide support and to complete projects within the on-site K-12 school. The client requests this contractor be local to the state of Iowa and able to interview in person.
Responsibilities will be to work directly with the IMHI school administration and HHS IT Director to prioritize and complete existing projects and to provide IT support to the school’s staff and students. This is an onsite position.
Responsibilities of the Network Support Specialist role include but are not limited to:
• Migrate the Student Network Servers from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2022
• Administration of the Kaseya IT Management system
• Deploy and administer the Lightspeed Solutions Suite
• Deploy and administer the Cisco Meraki Student Wireless Network
• Troubleshoot problems and provide software and hardware technical support
• Ensure governance policies and best practices are followed
• Drive process standardization and automation throughout all areas
• Perform daily administrative tasks to support the school’s IT systems
• Work collaboratively as a key member of the team
• Need strong attention to detail, ability to problem-solve within a team and independently, ability to communicate effectively and often, manage multiple streams of work concurrently, and display strong commitment and ownership of work performed
Microsoft Windows ServerRequired2Years
Microsoft Windows DesktopRequired2Years
Cisco Meraki WirelessRequired1Years
Web Content Filtering (iBoss, LightSpeed, etc)Highly desired1Years
IT Management Solutions (Kaseya’s Virtual Server Administrator, etc).Highly desired1Years