Role/Title: - Security & Systems Infrastructure Solutions Architect 4
Hybrid, Richmond , Virginia
Agency Interview Type: Both Web Cam and In Person Interview
*local Richmond, VA candidates required for onsite work
*only submit candidates able to interview onsite, if requested
*candidate will be required to work ONSITE 2 days/wk, or additional days if requested
*Contractor will be responsible for purchasing parking through VDOT’s Parking Management Office or procuring their own parking
Does your candidate agree to work onsite 2+ days per week, as determined by mgr? This is REQUIRED.
Requires experience, creativity and multi-tasking to independently and collaboratively achieve department service and support objectives for the Operations Technology Division. The care and feeding of Splunk, Tenable, Fore scout as our tool set.
5 or more years of experience in the field or related subject matter area.
Cyber security and infrastructure best practices, a natural problem solver. Someone who focuses on hybrid cloud, as well as cloud solutions in a secure fashion can navigate our infrastructure and learn our mission and the tools at hand to complete said mission.
- Monitor security tools
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Analyze care and feeding of logs and scans to Fore scout, Tenable & Splunk
- Configures and deploys security tools with best practices
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors system resources for server/service anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between platforms
- Maintains detailed change history of changes.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
VDOT OT Security & Systems Infrastructure Solutions Architect, must understand the OT environment, the core tools and competencies required to properly secure, analyze and build reporting and aggregate searches to assist the SOC and other TOC systems managers to best practice cyber hygiene. Applicant must possess and display experience with Security Operations. This position will assist in leading the design of the OT network. Will work with cyber security engineer on Blue Team testing and real time analytics and oversight. Will communicate with management on all phases of security transformation. Applicant will be required to support and upgrade these tools appropriately and keep up to the minute documentation. Must have the responsibility of oversight for the security information and best practices. Generate security monitoring correlation searches and dashboards to assist with a security at a glance functionality across our TOC's. WIll be driver behind security best practices in a production OT (Perdue Model) environment. User must have the ability to understand and present OT views and best practices and be able to differentiate between OT and IT. Knowledge of Azure, Cisco Firepower Windows & linux will be extremely helpful.
Cyber Security Required 3 Years
Security Tools: Splunk Required 5 Years
Security Tools: Fore scout Highly desired 3 Years
Tus Security Tools: Tenable/Nessus Highly desired 3 Years