DWD's data strategy is to make our data more actionable by making it more accessible. DWD seeks an individual who can guide and educate an IT Data Team, a Database Team and collaborate with an Infrastructure Team on effective designs.
DWD is just getting started with our data warehouse and dashboarding strategies. We have a strong understanding of the data but are looking for expertise in getting that data into our Azure Synapse subscription. Through another project the data warehouse has been created.
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Work with various IT teams (data, database and infrastructure) in analyzing the agency’s use of the data warehouse.
• Provide guidance and education on warehouse environments using industry standards and best practices.
• Research leading edge capabilities, within the Indiana Office of Technology purview and guidelines, to determine the best solution for the overall environment.
• Set technology architectural direction, delivering assessment recommendations.
• Develop a project/implementation plan for setting up the warehouse including ideal data pipelines and other data and visual interfaces.
• Follow through on setting up the agency’s warehouse environment as per the agency’s initiative.
• Configure and setup Azure Synapse with correct structure.
• Participate with Data Analyst(s) as needed to define minimal viable data assets in support of the visual needs.
• Review and provide architectural guidance for all analytic solutions.
• Advise management as needed of any shortcomings with current tools and/or approaches related to the business initiatives
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques. Required 5 Years
A very strong understanding of current industry standards and best practices used in data and data warehouse development. Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge of system and business data applications Required 5 Years
Sizable experience is setting up other data warehouse environments. Required 5 Years
Ability to evaluate the business needs and objectives. Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for data and application development Required 3 Years
Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis on complex issues. Required 3 Years
High technical competency level of all phases of data analysis and developing activities Required 3 Years
Willingness to train/educate data team members, DBAs, infrastructure support and management in effective data warehouse designs/approaches. Required 3 Years
Proficient in developing project plans including discovery, development, and implementation. Required 3 Years
Experience in using the ETL tools - Azure Synapse and Azure Data Factory Required 2 Years
Ability to manage multiple data development assignments and priorities. Required 2 Years
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Required 2 Years
Working knowledge in the above skills must be within the last 6 months. Required