Job Description: Splunk Service Engineer (Candidates must be local to the Raleigh NC or Eagan MN areas)
Note: *U.S. Citizens, Green card are authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply*
Splunk Service Engineer is responsible for tuning and configuration of Splunk Core and Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) services, develop use cases with CISO end users to build content and assist in developing advanced security use cases. Participate in requirements gathering, solutions architecting, design and build of technology solutions to support Continuous Monitoring Program. Assist, train, and host workshops for CISO teams. Support off-hours and weekend efforts for incident investigations and systems maintenance.
Develop and Implement Actionable Alerts and Workflow for Splunk as a SIEM (Security Information & Event Management) tool Develop and Implement Apps & Knowledge Objects (KO) like Dashboard, Reports, Data Models Work with the Splunk Architect/Admin to promote private KO to Global KO Assist, and/or train CISO Splunk Engineering team on Data Lifecycle Support Assist, train, and/or host workshops CISO teams and analysts on Searching and Content Development Develop and implement automation to improve efficiency of CISO workflows using Splunk Assist in development of advanced security use cases in Splunk Develop risk rules and risk incident rules to correlate and alert to significant cyber events.
Develop custom dashboards specific to RBA (Risk Based Alerting) to highlight risk detail, health analysis and risk suppression.
Configure incident response and remediation workflows for ES around notable events (RBA or otherwise alerted) Develop custom machine learning (ML) models to support anomaly-detection based augmentation of alerting Work with numerous stakeholders to implement & maintain event logging from various operating systems, applications, identity providers, network infrastructure, and cloud service providers.
Understanding of network protocols, operating systems, applications, and device event telemetry Have strong communication and collaboration skills, both oral and written, with excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
Understanding of network defense tools (firewall, IPS/IDS, WAF/CDN, etc), endpoint defense tools (EDR, anti-malware) a plus Experience with SAAS- or cloud-hosted Splunk implementation a plus.
Extensive experience (7+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security (Masters Degree preferred).
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker -Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance • Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.
Thanks & Regards,
Vamshi Krishna Billa
Sr IT Recruiter
Lucid Technologies Inc
O: 214-385-4144 Ext: 206 (Pick me up i make you money)