Role/Title: - Program Manager - Business Data Management
Hybrid, Richmond, Virginia
Agency Interview Type: Both Web Cam and In Person Interview
No Of Positions:- 1
**Long-Term position requires occasional onsite at 1401 East Broad Street, Richmond VA to be determined by mgr
**Local Richmond, VA candidates only please
Describe the candidate's experience with data architecture and management of data lifecycle.
This role will need to coordinate with business architecture, data architecture, enterprise architecture staff, data stewards, and data custodians. The Business Data Management Architect will be responsible for leveraging expertise in data modeling to design and implement effective data management processes. This position requires defining and utilizing taxonomies for enhanced data organization, classification, and retrieval, contributing to improved metadata management. You will need to become familiar with VDOT's Business Capability Model and participate in developing and maturing an enterprise data model, enterprise data flows, and road maps. This position will require familiarity (or the development of familiarity) with the National Information Exchange Model, the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment, and other standards.
• Proven experience in data modeling.
• Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between business architecture and National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards.
• Strong understanding of data governance principles and best practices.
• Proficiency in metadata management, including taxonomies, and enhancing data quality.
• Experience in overseeing the complete data lifecycle within a complex organizational structure.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Extensive data modeling experience Required 8 Years
Advanced business data architecture experience Required 8 Year
Proficiency in metadata management, including taxonomies, and enhancing data quality. Required 8 Years
Ability to bridge the gap between business architecture and National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards Desired 5 Years
Ability to model data lifecycle within a complex organizational structure. Desired 5 Years