Agency Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Candidates must be local to metro Atlanta. They will be required to attend periodic onsite meetings. A hybrid work schedule will be determined shortly after hire. Do you accept this requirement?
The State Accounting Office (SAO) is seeking a functional Workday professional with proven experience in several Workday Financial Modules with extensive experience working with the Account Payables and Banking & Settlements modules
Candidate will work closely with Functional and technical developer teams to implement Workday Financials Account Payables and Banking & Settlements modules. Experience in Account Payables and Banking & Settlements is a MUST have. Candidates must be local to metro Atlanta. They will be required to attend periodic onsite meetings. A hybrid work schedule will be determined shortly after hire.
The candidate will leverage relevant knowledge of Workday Financials, reporting and budgeting processes as well as related accounting considerations including 1099 processing, the qualified candidate will provide high quality support and leadership for the optimal design and configuration of the system to assure maximum benefit to our customers. This candidate will also be required to work in partnership and independently with the relevant Business Owner organizations and other functional SMEs (as required) to identify and refine business requirements and create the functional design and architecture necessary to support the requirements. It is also expected that this candidate will be familiar with full lifecycle implementation processes and perform all expected functional procedures as required. Finally, personal commitment to serve the customer with excellence, competence, proficiency and courtesy will be essential.
• Implements Account Payables and Banking & Settlements modules.
• Analyzes information to determine nature and extent of customer requirements and concerns.
• Develops and/or executes change management plans for transition to new systems.
• Consults with implementation partner and technical staff to ensure that functionality of automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users.
• Tests or coordinates testing of new installations or upgrades.
• Participates in evaluation of new technologies, enhancements or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems.
• Researches and analyzes system/user problems by applying a variety of analytical and research techniques.
• Participates in the establishment of standards and procedures to be used in the development of systems.
Ability to research, analyze information and make recommendations.
Ability to determine functional needs and system requirements.
Ability to develop solutions based on analysis.
Ability to evaluate existing systems and understand their structure and component parts.
Ability to prepare models, diagrams and layouts.
Ability to document project standards and methodologies.
Ability to analyze system and data to determine extent of problem or error.
Ability to work with other IT units/staff to diagnose problem.
Ability to communicate information to stakeholders and customers.
Ability to develop effective and feasible business area solutions.
Ability to assist in developing communication plans.
Ability to review and interpret installation/upgrade notes.
Ability to create testing plans and scripts.
Ability to execute test scripts.
Ability to develop training courses for target audience.
Ability to conduct training sessions.
Ability to develop training manuals.
Ability to research and stay abreast of technological advances.
Ability to act as a liaison between groups.
Ability to coordinate between multiple workgroups.
Ability to assess/evaluate customer’s needs and business requirements.
Ability to conduct quality assessments.
Knowledge of naming conventions, encyclopedia management, transactions definitions, general specification definition, programming standards and testing procedures.
Knowledge of applications and inter-relationships with programs and/or systems.
Knowledge of quality assurance plans.
Knowledge of customer needs and business requirements.
Knowledge of data extraction methods.
Knowledge of current industry trends.
Knowledge of operational procedures.
Knowledge of the change management process.
Ability to adhere to deadlines.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience with Workday Account Payables and Banking & Settlements modules
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Information Systems or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience in Public Sector
• Prior experience working with the State of GA Financials system
• Translates business needs into business and functional requirements
• Conducts application design and architecture component configuration for related modules/business processes
• Writes and interprets functional and business requirements as an input to application design
• Develops and tests detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
• Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner, and reporting progress at least weekly to the implementation Project Manager, Project Sponsor, or designated employee
• Seeks innovative approaches to improve the process of delivering Workday financial accounting and reporting solutions to customers
• Willingness to share suggestions and knowledge capital to help optimize the Financial Systems Division’s implementation and project methodology
• Ability to develop WD reports
• Demonstrated proficiency in relevant analytical abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written formats
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with functional and technical teams
Proven work experience as a Workday Functional consultant with Workday Account Payables and Banking & Settlements modules Required 4 Years
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Information Systems or equivalent Highly desired
Prior experience working with the State of GA Financials system Highly desired 4 Years
Translates business needs into business and functional requirements Highly desired 4 Years
Writes and interprets functional and business requirements as an input to application design Highly desired 4 Years
Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner, and reporting progress at least weekly to the implementation Project Manager, Project Sponsor, or Highly desired4Years
Ability to develop Workday reports Highly desired 4 Years