Ally is seeking an energetic audio/visual technician with the desire and aptitude to learn design, installation, and maintenance of audio/visual systems. The candidate will join a team of skilled A/V technology specialists and will initially focus on providing support for conferencing systems, leadership events, and ongoing tuning of A/V systems in our headquarters building in downtown Detroit, including several newly-renovated floors.
The candidate should have the willingness and aptitude to learn A/V support and design. A background in Information Technology is a must to lay the foundation, with direct A/V experience being a plus. The ideal candidate will be motivated to learn new skills, to contribute in any way needed, and to do so with a positive attitude.
Experience and familiarity with video conferencing infrastructure, with Zoom Rooms, and with fundamental infrastructure concepts such as networking and servers is a plus.
• Perform conference room health checks
• Perform basic troubleshooting of conference room systems, including support of ongoing meetings within a given room
• Managing inventory of A/V assets, both physically and electronically
• Assist in the configuration, implementation, and tuning of A/V solutions to meet business and technical requirements on designated projects
• Participate in system testing activities related to infrastructure solutions
• Assist with creation of technical documentation to ensure effective operations/support of the infrastructure solution
• Assist with operations and production coverage
• Comply with Change Management, Release Management, IT Risk - Compliance processes and standards
Mandatory Skills Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or other relevant field of study preferred
• Basic understanding of enterprise platforms and operating systems
• Proficiency in all the infrastructure layers, hardware, OS, virtualization, storage, network, database and security
• Strong service orientated, collaborative attitude with both peers and internal customers
• Knowledge of standards in IT architecture and infrastructure
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Basic understanding of data security requirements, policies and auditing processes
• Constant process improvement thinking to reduce delivery time and increase customer satisfaction
Desired Skills Desired Skillset
• Familiarity with Web conferencing tools, such as Zoom, WebEx, BlueJeans and RingCentral
• A willingness and aptitude to learn A/V support and design.
• Motivated to learn new skills, to contribute in any way needed, and to do so with a positive attitude.
• Related skills can include experience with online streaming technologies, TV and production experience, audio production, or similar