1 - HYBRID ON SITE POSITION - Candidates MUST be onsite at the Boise office a MINIMUM of 3-days/week. Please ONLY submit CURRENTLY LOCAL CANDIDATES willing to work fully onsite as required.
2 - FINGERPRINTING – In addition to the standard background check you are required to run on the selected candidate prior to starting (see Compliance tab for details), the agency requires an additional fingerprinting background check processes that will be coordinated through ITD directly once the candidate is selected. Selected candidate MUST complete the fingerprinting following the instructions they will be provided, and RESULTS MUST BE RETURNED CLEAR before they can begin work.
3. Candidates for this position MUST be willing to WORK ONSITE at the ITD HQ campus in Boise, ID a MINIMUM of 3 days a week. Because of this, LOCAL CANDIDATES are PREFERRED. Please confirm you have discussed this with your candidate and the candidate accepts this requirement.
4. Has your candidate worked in the transportation field or transportation engineering/infrastructure fields and have they worked with any of the software systems being supported with this role (AASTHOWare Project, Bentley System, and/or the Agile Assets (now Trimble))? IF YOU ANSWER YES - please SUMMARIZE what they worked with, where, and when they worked with them IN THIS RESPONSE FIELD.
ITD’s Highways Division is looking for a business systems analyst/subject matter expert with experience in developing workflows for business and software system processes, process improvement, plus identifying helping fill gaps.
The Business Systems Analyst/SME will communicate and collaborate with Highways Division teams Business Units to:
• Learn, document, and evaluate business operations and processes.
• Learn, document, and evaluate software systems used by the business sections.
• Identify solutions that would improve business and system processes.
• Recommend changes in business process to enhance efficiencies.
• Recommend software system capabilities that would improve business performance.
• Identify gaps in business processes and software systems.
• Develop and update workflows for business and software systems.
• Disseminate documentation to relevant stakeholders.
• Provide quality customer service.
The software they will be predominantly focused on is AASTHOWare Project, Bentley System, and the Agile Assets (now Trimble). These software systems have various modules they could be working with Business units on. Candidates submitted must have an extensive understanding of business workflow and process and how to translate that into a system. ITD has SME’s who can fill in the details on the who, what, when, why, where and how of the Transportation Business. Having explicit knowledge of any of these transportation-specific systems falls under bonus but is not required if the candidate has the strong business systems analysis/SME experience/background.
Experience w/all things workflow (BUSINESS FOCUSED) - extracting them from users, proposing them for systems and process. Required 3 Years
Experience working with Data and Data Flows as they relate to, influence, and modify business workflows and process. Required 2 Years
Strong Business-side technology skills - understanding the who, what, when, where, why of the technology systems and users' needs Required 2 Years
Strong IT-side Understanding. Knowing how to speak the language and plug into the framework, and when to involve them. Required 2 Years
Experience working in the transportation field or transportation engineering/infrastructure fields, specifically Nice to have
Experience working with any of these primary software systems: AASTHOWare Project, Bentley System, and/or the Agile Assets (now Trimble) Nice to have
Communication skills (written and verbal) must be exceptional as resource will be dealing with business users across all levels of the agency. Required