Responsible for the security architecture across a variety of applications or domains, to include cloud computing, and assigned to project/initiatives of large size, complexity and risk. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture and support is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business.
• Analyze similarities and differences of an existing system and customer needs to identify protection needs for information system(s) and network(s); provides detailed specifications for technical needs of the infrastructure • Develop a system security context and preliminary system security concept of operations (CONOPS), including baseline system security requirements • Determine appropriate levels of system availability based on critical system functions; provides input on system requirements to address appropriate disaster recovery and continuity of operations requirements • Evaluate acquisition documents against existing and proposed security architectures and designs by examining the security-relevant parts of a system and interrelationships within the enterprise.
Extensive experience (7+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
Must possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or Information Security (master's degree preferred).
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker -Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance • Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.) • All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative