Agency Interview Type: Both Web Cam and In Person Interview
*Local Richmond, VA candidates only please
*Candidate MUST possess PMP certification through PMI or VITA's PM certification. No other certification qualifies.
*Candidate must also be able to work onsite 2-3 days/week.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for successfully planning, organizing, and motivating diverse project teams throughout all phases of Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid projects. The Senior Project Manager will enable the transformation of identified requirements or opportunities to executable plans for delivery. In addition, the incumbent will provide ongoing project level governance and oversight to projects throughout their
execution. The incumbent’s deliverables will provide exceptional value to the Commonwealth's internal and external stakeholders.
• Originate and oversee proposals, statements of work, statements of requirements and RFP responses through selection/acquisition. Facilitate the technical and planning aspects of the technology procurement process.
• Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams to develop plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures that will enable future execution of a project or initiative. Incorporate agency best practices into those project plans.
• Ensure plans minimally include tasks, schedules, identification of potential risks, checkpoints, reporting of status and appropriate allocation of resources from all required disciplines.
• Seamlessly transition developed plans to internal VDOT and/or vendor teams for successful execution using PMI best-practices.
• Provide oversight to ensure projects in execution include a framework for governance encompassing adequate meetings, reporting, metrics, risk and issue management, and quality assurance. Validate that the assigned project team(s) adhere to project governance standards throughout the project lifecycle.
• Monitor progress by third-party vendors and define and measure their progress with pre-defined metrics and milestones.
• Manage working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
• Set goals for initiatives that are consistent with technical objectives and the agency’s overall technology strategy.
• Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements.
• Exhibit significant emotional quotient (EQ) in handling project challenges and maintain a positive project culture in line with VDOT’s mission and shared values.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong experience in developing, executing, and managing a portfolio of projects.
• Strong experience leading the business and IT resources through the discovery and documentation of business and technical requirements in request for proposal and statement of requirement formats.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills for collaborating and team building.
• Ability to plan in a rapidly changing environment and to provide guidance for changes as required for the life of the project.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to simplify and briefly, succinctly communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
• Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures, and methods.
• Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
• Communicate timelines and expectations to technical and business staff.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models.
• Exceptional knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a particular project and business environment.
• Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
• The candidate should have 15 years of overall IT experience. Experience with technology infrastructure is preferred. Application Development experience is a plus.
• The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing large projects in a Portfolio and a bachelor's degree.
• The candidate should be proficient in Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office required.
• The candidate should possess financial literacy including budgeting, accounting, investing and managing credit.
• The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement management including original development of Statements of Work (SOWs), Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and contracts.
• PMP Certification through PMI or Qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia