Network Administrator to support local and field network troubleshooting. This job requires a Network Knowledge and basic remote troubleshooting skills. While networking being the main focus of this job they will still interact with Tier 1 Support issues
- Responds to Tier 1 network support requests.
- On Call Rotation Required
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with network resources.
- Designs extensions of and connections to the campus network.
- Configures and deploys new/replacement network hardware and communications infrastructure.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors network resources for faults and traffic anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of network changes.
- Supports Field Maintenance with communications' implementation and troubleshooting.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
- Task Automation
- Basic Windows Workstation Troubleshooting
- Basic Linux Command Line
Firepower – Nice to have - 3 years
Firepower Threat Defense – Nice to have - 3 years
Firepower Management Console – Nice to have - 3 years
Cisco Routing and Switching - Required - 3 Years
VLAN Management - Required – 3-5 Years
Network Design - Required - 3 Years
Access Control Lists - Required - 3 Years
Subnetting - Required - 3 - Years
Routing Protocols - Required - 3 Years
Network Monitoring - Required - 5 Years
DNS/DHCP - Highly desired - 5 Years
Network Security - Highly desired - 3 Years
VPN & Remote Access Technologies - Required - 5 Years
Windows Workstation Troubleshooting – 1-2 years
Linux Knowledge – Nice to have – 1 year
Cisco Routing and Switching Required 3 Years
VLAN Management Required 3 Years
Network Design Required 3 Years
Access Control Lists Required 3 Years
Subnetting Required 3 Years
Routing Protocols Required 3 Years
Network Monitoring Required 5 Years
Network Security Required 3 Years
VPN & Remote Access Technologies Required 5 Years
Windows Workstation Troubleshooting Required 2 Years