Detroit, Charlotte or open to remote candidates. ** Enterprise Architect IV; ** Exceptional critical thinking skills; ** broad technical depth; ** Public Cloud knowledge and technologies. ** **Must have excellent communication skills and work well independently – self-motivated but also able to work collaboratively. **Tech screen and zoom interview.
This is an advanced technical position that requires a minimum of 10 or more years of years' experience in the design, architecture, and implementation of high-performance e-commerce and financial systems and services. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing innovative end-to-end software architectures that enable critical strategic objectives. Designs produced must meet both business and non-functional requirements while aligning to standard reference architectures.
The Work Itself
Primary accountability for the position involves establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligning reference architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across the technology and enterprise landscape.
Act as SME for project teams in the planning, design, and delivery of technology solutions
In application architecture: design the inter- system/application structures, advise teams of Ally standard requirements, security standards, methodology and processes.
In business architecture: define cross-business function processes, advise teams of consistent processes and common business functions.
Serve as an esteemed technical mentor to architecture and software development colleagues.
Provide cost effective solutions that enable the business and maximize flexibility to integrate with other systems.
Participate in proof of concepts to support the development of architecture principles, styles, patterns and standards for systems across the business, translating corporate strategy into technical strategy.
Lead cross-functional team to drive peer reviews, gain consensus, and finalize proposed solutions with all stakeholders.
Communicate and validate architecture technical leadership, program management, business line leadership, and executive level stakeholders.
Review legacy architecture, identify components strategically aligned for re-architecture, monitor technology usage for end-of-life cycle.
• 7+ years of experience in solutions architect roles, with in-depth knowledge of standards and technologies in IT architecture and infrastructure including Information Security Policy and Procedures, and the software development process.
• Effective communicator with other senior leaders of IT on program strategies and plans and negotiate quality solutions.
• Expert knowledge of enterprise platforms, operating systems, and key business functions and processes • Understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
• Ability to lead or interact with and provide architectural design guidance to project teams made up of employee, business partner, and/or supplier resources. • A minimum of two years experience driving microservices based, Event Driven applications.
• Demonstrated experience developing high performance applications relying on RDBMS and NoSQL technologies.
• Demonstrated experience with React/AngularJS.
• Experience with cloud migrations, particularly with AWS; related certifications a plus
• Containerization experience with any of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Open Shift, Oracle, etc.
• Experience with professional grade architecture modeling and/or landscaping tools (e.g., BizzDesign, Archi)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other relevant field of study