Job Description: Cyber Threat Analyst III - Remote support may be allowed for highly qualified candidates.
Location work will be performed: VAO145 - Falls Church - VA
The Cybersecurity Operations Portfolio is in need of 1 Cyber Threat Analyst supporting its Detection Automation and Engineering at client
Job requirements :
Identifies and assesses the capabilities and activities of cyber criminals or foreign intelligence entities; produces finds to help initialize or support law enforcement and counterintelligence investigations or activities.
• Responsible for performing triage on all security escalations and detections to determine scope, severity, and root cause.
• Monitor cyber security events, detecting incidents, and investigating incidents.
• Provide support to contract Program Manager, as necessary.
• Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Influence others to comply with policies and conform to standards and best practices.
5-7 years of experience with security operations and incident response
Bachelor's OR master's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or another related field.
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
One or more of the following Certification(s): CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, RHCE.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
• All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
• Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.